Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Year Ago















A year ago, almost to the day, we moved from our lovely home in Pennsylvania. It was a tough day and looking back at the pictures it seems absolutely impossible that 12 months have come and gone. We have been in our new home for four solid seasons and you know what? It feels like I have been holding my breath the entire time. I don't know why. I don't even have a guess. I suppose there is a large part of me that is still in denial. That still will not admit we are here and have moved on. Maybe if I hold my breath long enough, Marni will come walking through my door in her pink Kung Fu shirt and cherry flip flops. And Vinny will be scootering on his motorbike around the neighborhood like the sweetest dork in the universe. If I just don't allow air into my lungs that I'll see Cara and Andy strolling up the street toward our place with Lily in her plastic car and Josie on her new bike. If I'm careful not to inhale then Larry will still be on his front porch sneaking a cigarette while staring at the ominous purple sky. Marylin will pull up at exactly 6:10 in her huge silver truck like she was born on a ranch in Wyoming even though I'm pretty sure she was born in PA. Brian will be bouncing and zigzagging through the street with his skinny limbs flying toward the basketball hoop. If I just don't breathe in and then out again, we will still be home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dork? Me?

OSMA said...

dork. you. :)

The Palmer Family said...

I selfishly have to say Pennsylvania's loss, is Virginia's (and my)gain!! My white hydrangeas are blooming and it made me remember this is the time you moved here last year.

E, L & M have been at camp this week, but hopefully we can plan something for next week.

Love, K

OSMA said...

k - you are the one major reason i have not gone insane here. thank you and can't wait to see you guys this week!