Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy
















While Grayson was having his swimming lesson this morning, Abby and I watched a few bees hover over lavender flowers by the baby pool. They hummed along busily while piling yellow nectar on their knees. They all looked like small roller derby racers with knee pads. It was amazing. It was also pretty insane to see where they had to store their groceries. Makes me feel extremely spoiled that I get a nice cart on wheels to schlep my wares to and from the car. Imagine how many fewer (how much less? how fewer? I'm no longer a student of the English language and it shows) calories we would all consume if we had to pack our soup cans and fruit cups on our hip flexors in order to get them home. I will remember that today when I have a hard time leaving the cookie dough in the store. Would I really want this if I had to wear it home?

Sadly, I'd probably still opt for cookie dough over soup cans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your bee and flower picture <3

OSMA said...

thank you so much, anonymous. you made it in :)

DJ Pecor said...

Oddly enough, I generally opt out of using shopping carts and tend to pile my purchases in my arms. It's my control mechanism for overspending! It doesn't always work, but the philosophy is: if I can't carry it, then I shouldn't buy it! It's also a little bit of a work out! Not that it matters much. I just buy the cookie dough and end up wearing it anyway! ;)

OSMA said...

DJ- hi! i once did this same thing and managed to torque both shoulders on every venture to the store. would you, for the love of your sister, paleeeze get a cart?!? :) xxoxo